Julie's impression of WF2002 (long)

as most know, i didn't make it this year. my friend alex went. he said he
was actually embarrassed by the acts of overs who stayed in his hotel. it's
a damn shame that the acts of people who just don't know how to act spoil it
for the many that do.
  on another note, how many of you checked out the $200 roc looking for me?
alex said there was quite a few. he also said that he throughly enjoyed
meeting you guys and hopes to see you all again.
  hit

>From: "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Julie's impression of WF2002 (long)
>Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:32:33 +0000
>
>Of Water fest it's self? I enjoyed it. I met a lot of good people, saw some
>nice cars and some real flights of fancy. I can't wait till I can get mine
>looking nice to show along side the others.
>
>The night before at the hotel? Disgusted, embarrassed and angry. The rocc
>folk, again stayed quiet and just enjoyed the cool night and a few beers.
>
><start rant>
>The A2 & A3 folk? Trashed the hotel. Furniture and broken glass in the
>pool, broke in to the pool storage shed and dumped the chemicals in.
>Garbage and room materials (phone books, directories etc) shredded and
>tossed out the window. Food trays left out side the doors, kicked and
>splattered along the lenght of the floor.
>
>As I was l;eaving I stopped at the desk, I wanted the manager to know it
>was not all VW folk to blame. She told me that the hotel will NEVER allow
>VW people in again. We spoke for a few minutes and left feeling better.
>
>I hope those of you with connections to other groups pass on this mail.
>This barbaric and juvinile behavior makes all of us look bad and has to be
>dealt with. For the out side world to see us and cringe? No. We must self
>regulate this bahavior before there is no place for the meetings to be
>held.
>
><End Rant>
>
>I'll post a few of the pics I took and a better text when I have had some
>sleep and calmed down.
>
>Thanks to every one I saw there. You are remarkable people. Thanks,
>
>Julie Macfarlane
>(Web Developer, Unemployed)
>Albany NY
>Charter Member "Scirocco Anonymous"