Oil squirters. Required, or dead weight?

This is funny. You are right about the cooling effect
of the oil squirters.

The thing is that the oil squirters are not supposed
to rub upon anything, period.

If they do rub, FIX THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM!!! Do not try
to go around the original problem, by removing the
squirters!!!

There is a problem, so find it, and fix it, and keep
the squirters.

Measure, measure, measure, blueprint, blusprint,
blueprint. You are almost there, so get it. I am sure
it is something simple that was overlooked.

Cheers.

Marc