striping tails. also, plastic polish

FWIW, I removed my black stripes with chrome polish.  Worked fine and
polished the plastic too.

For removal only, I'd go with 400 first, if that's too fine go to 320.
I wouldn't think that much finer is required.  BE SURE to use a paint
stick or sanding block.

G/L,

Ron

--- rhys <sik@efuct.com> wrote:
> im gonna be striping my tails black soon (now that i finally got them
> out) and was wondering what grit(s) i should use before i paint. dont
> wanna leave it too rough, but want the paint to stick.
>
> also wondering if there is a plastic polishing compound or something
> i could try, to get all the little scuffs and scrapes
>
> thanks,
> rhys

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.