My16V dies

If you mean the teeth on the belt were gone.....I would first look at my
tensioner.  Plenty of motors have stripped timing belts because of timing
belt tensioners seizing up.  Drop the pan and look for metal from the
bearings.  Something put too much tension on that belt  i.e..  (locked up!)
and the belt stripped.  Personally,... I'd put a new belt and tensioner on
her and try to fire it up.  After,.... turning that motor over by hand!
(with the belt on and timed correctly)  Plenty of times people luck out with
broken timing belts and don't bend valves.  (I have twice)   Good luck with
whatever you do.
Chris
'88 16v Rocco
'78 8v Rocco