my car just got alot louder

this is a funny story that i had to share with the
list.  yesturday i had the roc out for a little
cruise, fist time i have had her out in about a month
or so. and i was going down the highway going way over
the posted speed limit lets just say it was in the
triple digits.  all the sudden the car gets really
loud and i cant hear a thing.  i check my rear view
mirror and i see this thing tumbling down the highway.
 i didnt know what to do, so i went straight home and
got in the passat and went to go see what it was, i
found my muffler laying on the road!!!!!  i blew the
stinking thing off!!!  i have never seen this before,
anyone else have any experience with this before?  btw
this was a tt muffler.

breandan