my car just got alot louder

It happened to me when I took a turn at only 20mph.  I
usually drive around my neignhorhood and that day I
thought I fixed my muffler sagging problem, but when I
took the turn I heard a rattle since the around as a
slight dip and thought it was just the car.  When I
parked my Scirocco I look at the muffler and notice
that it was lower again.  I touch it slightly and it
fell off.  I didn't know what to do and was afriad to
start the car.  I put the muffler in my trunk and late
threw it away.  I have been driving without it for 2
months or so and my Scirocco has been louder at lower
RPMs and thats when I began to get poping sounds.  My
Scirocco doesn't sound as much as a ricer like it used
too.  Its deeper sounded
--- breandan mcilwain <irisheet@yahoo.com> wrote:
> this is a funny story that i had to share with the
> list.  yesturday i had the roc out for a little
> cruise, fist time i have had her out in about a
> month
> or so. and i was going down the highway going way
> over
> the posted speed limit lets just say it was in the
> triple digits.  all the sudden the car gets really
> loud and i cant hear a thing.  i check my rear view
> mirror and i see this thing tumbling down the
> highway.
>  i didnt know what to do, so i went straight home
> and
> got in the passat and went to go see what it was, i
> found my muffler laying on the road!!!!!  i blew the
> stinking thing off!!!  i have never seen this
> before,
> anyone else have any experience with this before?
> btw
> this was a tt muffler.
>
> breandan

=====