From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Cathy Boyko
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 10:48 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: OT :Mr Murphy

I thought as usual you'd like one of my little stories for bedtime. Mr
Murphy
came to see me again today.

So I'm under the car for day #3 it seems, and getting all ready to swap  the
switch from the bottom of the rad. I did this the day before, so had
everything ready, a greenhouse tray to catch the drips, new switch on my
belly, light well away from the flood zone, tools and general crap out from
under the car, which is on a good solid stand, and so on. A well rehearsed
routine, so to speak. I carefully get as far as I can from the drip line, at
arm's length, and pull out the old switch, and just ready to put the new one
in, and the friggin coolant runs a foot and a half (at least) along the
frame
and directly into both eyes (and nowhere else except the main stream, which
goes where it was expected,into the tray) So I screw the switch in to stop
up
the hole, both eyes closed with a pool of coolant in each, crawl out and
stagger around, tripping over various tools, and of course the kid's
interior
is strewn all over the garage, seats and door cards, and a bunch of speaker
boxes, and his car is in there too, jacks, tools, the dog  (I'm laughing and
going thump, bump into stuff, and I wasn't even drinking, honest!)
Eventually
I feel the sun on my face and head for the hose, which is full of
"pleasantly"
warm water, youch!

I truly believe this car has it in for me. That's the blunder of the day, so
wear that scuba gear of you plan on dumping coolant kids! Don't I get into
the
stupidest messes?
Cathy