starter woes....

--- Erik Seo <seowitz@seowitz.com> wrote:

> I thought this was how the oem cable was setup, except
> the oem cable had a
> inline connection to the chassis between the driver's
> side engine mount and
> the airbox.  Did I ground incorectly?

The factory large un-insulated wire runs to the chassis
point of which you speak, but then runs to one of the large
bolts at the top of the bellhousing that holds the tranny
to the engine.  Just having that come loose will cause some
mighty strange electrical problems - just ask me how I
know.  :)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that.'" - Douglas Adams