R12 ->R134a retrofitted, but I have a question

I just retrofitted my r12 into r134a in the 85,  I get 60' at the ducts and
the pressure gauge says I have 54 lbs , does anyone know what the pressure
on the low pressure nipple supposed to be at (wallmart retrofitting hardware
says 24-44lbs is good, 54 is too high but I have doubts) do you know if this
could be causing the AC to not be at its coldest ? just to let you know I
did change the drier and I put 2.5 cans of R134a (11oz each) into the
system.
any thoughts would be appreciated because the 2 pages in the Bentley are
only there to tell you... don't fsk with it, get it services.

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v **Planning 3A/JH  Upgrade**
1988 16v ** Euro Project/maybe 8v **
Web Site : http://longcoeur.com/scirocco