[Re: OT- Drooling at the VW dealer today]

I agree with the basic sentiment that engineers should have good
hands-on experience with assembly and maintenance of the products they
design, but as cars have more and more features and equipment and trend
toward more and more passenger and storage volume something will have to
give. And inevitably, this will mean more stuff will have to be
dismantled to reach some things and it will be harder to get to stuff to
dismantle it.
So, two thoughts; 1) from a maintenance point of view the O2 sensor is
pretty far down the ladder. 2) mechanics will always find SOMETHING to
bitch about.
I'm also not too sure I'm going to cry my eyes out for the poor
mechanics making only $20/hr. Riiight!