[Re: OT- Drooling at the VW dealer today]

"Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@copper.net> wrote:
> I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the W8 wagon--someone reported to so=
me
> list that the Passat W8 requires partial engine disassembly to replace =
the
> O2 sensor,with a $1500 bill.Granted,if you can pay $40K + for this car,=
it
> may be of no consequence.However,I think that VW could have engineered =
this
> one a little better.What's wrong with having it on the downpipe like it=
 has
> been?? Ken R.

  don't know if it was me or not, but that was the point i was trying to
make earlier. talking to one of the techs at work that went to school
for it said it was a nice engine and all, but he wasn't looking forward
to working on it.

Foxx, it was likely me, I had a long chat with a VW tech in the staging l=
anes,
and he wasn't thrilled with the O2 sensor location, and said there was a =
lot
of dissassembly required to access them. It is a part you should be able =
get to, but then again, there have been lots of inconvenient things desig=
ned
into engines. Myself, I'd wait a year or two, let someone else iron the b=
ugs
out first. But this coming from one with a few "first year" things in the=

driveway.