What a shame...

Saw a MINT 82 Scirocco at a gas station today, did a 180, and talked to
the shop owner about it.  Apparently it's been stored for the last 10+
years, and just came out of hibernation.  It only has 103,000km (60,000
miles) on it, the dash is absolutely MINT, the rest of the interior is
MINT (blk/grey), the paint is in awesome shape (grey) and appears to be
completely original, w/ no rust, bubbling, or flaking.  It's even
sitting on it's original rims.  Up here in Canada this is quite a
rarity - most 20 year old cars (even VW's) have already visited the
crusher, or at the least are far from original if they're still on the
road...

Now the bad news:  I looked underneath and almost started to cry.  The
underside looked like shit.  Where the undercoat was flaking there was
visible rust - and alot of it.  The brake and fuel lines were rusted to
hell too.

It must have been stored in a barn w/ a dirt floor, or covered up
outside, sitting on gravel or grass...  What a pity - all the guy had
to do was put a plastic sheet under it at the very least...

I got the number of the owner - the mechanic thought that the guy is
getting it streetworthy to sell it, so I'm going to call him tomorrow
and see what the scoop is...

Mark.
81 S  ABA/JH/4K

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca