Radio wiring, what a nightmare...

A new antenna can be purchased from virtual world parts. Or you can get one
from a CB store or radio shack depending on your desire for quality and
fitment. The fender antenna are not known for poor reception, so you might
check your cables before you spring for a new one.

The antenna can be accessed by removing the fender liner.

You can pull the under dash trim and follow the speaker wiring from under
the fuse box where they come in from the door jamb. Or, you can take this
opportunity to upgrade to fresh wire. Besides, some stereo's will not work
properly with the factory's "shared" ground wire system (i.e., you'll need
to run fresh wire or risk damage to the head unit).

Diamond Dave
88 Scirocco http://scirocco16v.com/profiles/david_b.htm
84 Jetta GLI
Portland, OR

I got back from vacation yesterday night and today
decided to actually wire a radio that was on my
Scirocco before 98.  Heres the problem now, I can't
seem to find the wires that are from the front
speakers to wire and I can only get sound from the
rear speaker.  Also my antenna is really crappy and I
can barely get good recption.  Where do they sell
factory fender mounted antennas? I need to buy a new
one.  How hard is it to install a new antenna and is
removing the fender necessary.  I think the Bentley
has instructions I'll check it out.

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco