[Re: diesel valve springs]

I don't think that there's any data to support this argument, as the lower
valve seats (as well as the upper ones, not that it would matter) are the
same for the diesel and gas motors, and up until the introduction of the
hydraulic diesel head, in mid 86, there was no difference in the valve
springs used on the gas or the diesel engines.  In fact, the valve springs
are the same part for a 1.6gas as they are for a 2.0L16V.

Whatever the difference, I'm guessing it has only to do with the behaviour
of hydraulic lifters on the diesel engines, as this is when the new
springs were introduced.  So those of you thinking you can sell your old
diesel valve springs as HD ones - better make sure they're from hydro
heads - otherwise you're hosing people... :)

Drew