[16v wiring Q's]

"Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
There are two oil pressure sensors on the oil filter mount. One white =

plastic, the other blue. I believe they are low & high pressure. What col=
or =

wires go to which switch? I have 2 wires one seems to be pure yellow and =
the =

other yellow/red.

I have an MFA display and the oil light is flashing all the time. I have =

pressure (Got a pressure meter) and would like this thing off.

Where is the oil temp picked up? what color wire is this?

A temp sensor is on the side of the head, is this the H2O temp sensor?

One of the wires to the MFA is a speed sensor (white wire) How does this =

pick up the speed and from where?

Interior fan wires are different MKI & MKII. That is todays goal as well.=

Its almost ready for WF2K2! I can't wait for the drive!

TIA

Julie Macfarlane
(Web Developer, Unemployed)
Albany NY
Charter Member "Scirocco Anonymous"
'85 8v-?? Scarlett
'81 16v-2Y (FronkenDad)
ICQ: 7704980
AOL: Rocc Queen
http://216.153.141.3/scirocco/

Julie, the oil temp sensor is on the back of the head, fairly near to, an=
below the distributor, in that area. I think the wire is brown ...

(Delete bracketed part for short version...patter, patter, patter, runs d=
own
to garage, find trouble light, turn on trouble light, friggin kid, it won=
't
work, try another plug, nope, get flashlight, it dims out and dies, go in=
house and replace bulb, patter patter patter, back up the stairs)

 =

NOPE! The wire is green with a black stripe.

In my case, you just needed to look for the oil pouring out. If it is gon=
like mine, it will have temps all over the map, my oil went from 117C to =
168C
and back in a matter of seconds. I'm pretty sure neither of those reading=
s was
correct, since the car usually runs around 100. And don't torque it in to=
tight, mine was fractured, likley someone got wrench happy, not me.

But what really concerns me is this parallel failure of ours, keep that c=
ar
away from mine, okay?
Cathy