Mk1 radio removal

With all this talk about dash lights, I thought I'd undertake my main
guage cluster lights on-lights off prob in the '81.  Used to be that
sometimes my tach and speedo lights would come on, other times not.
 Sometimes, they'd be off, I'd hit the wiper, and they'd come on.  This
time, they went and didn't come back.
I need to pull the radio, and I'm not exactly sure how to do it.  It's a
Heidelburg tape deck (DIN), and it has 4 pin holes, 2 on each side.  I'm
assuming these are for inserting a tool, unhooking retaining hooks, so
the unit can slide out.  Is there a special tool involved? (My old
Kenwood CD deck had a special tool to unhook it) Can I just insert a
thin rod?
Nate
'81
'84