Road Stories! was Re: It's time to have a SEAT.

> Dang kids, Larry nailed it. We need more road trip reports, AutoX results
> and kill stories around here instead of all this "my Schnitzler valve
> stopped kibutzing..." stuff.

Sorry I haven't had more Honda Kill stories to tell lately but my car is
down at the time and I am awaiting another car to swap all my go-fast parts
into since a kind lady in her Z3 decided that I had had my 16v Rabbit long
enough.  I will tell you the amusing yet irritating story of waiting for my
new car if you are interested, if not delete now!!

While looking for parts for the diesel truck I happened to mention that I
would be in the market for some MK1 Scirocco parts because the scirocco I
was looking to buy was in rather sad condition and found out that one of the
hired hands at the salvage yard had a 79 MK1 in mint condition with a blown
motor he'd sell for $200!!  Obviously I was very interested.  He then told
me that it was in Eastern WA in a carport and he needed to haul it over the
mountains here to Olympia and at the same time needed to get another car for
the yard so it would be no problem.  WELLL, the car supposedly arrived but
the trailer it was being hauled on had two flats.  The truck and trailer and
car made it to Olympia but was at a friend's house out by black lake.  I got
directions to go look at it (being the impatient person I am) but never
found it.  I then found out that it was taken to a tire shop (not a big name
aparently) and they didn't have the right tires so it had to stay over the
weekend while they found the right tires.  Once that was finished it was
suppose to find it's way either to the yard or to my house within the next
couple days.  Everyday after work I was expecting to see a new scirocco in
my driveway to no avail.  Aparently this guys nephew (the one who supposedly
brought it from E. WA) was driving the truck WITH the car and trailer one
night (beer run???  who knows?) and was pulled over for a broken tail light
and was caught driving on a suspended license???  So, now the
truck/trailer/car is in impound and they put a thirty day hold on it.
Somehow they got it knocked down to a 10 day hold and it should be available
tomorrow, he thinks!!  So, even though my car is totaled it is still
driveable but the insurance and registration is been long canceled/expired
and so I can't go whoop up on some honda retards.  Now, I get to drive my
diesel truck around or the Town & Country minivan (nice as it is) and see
these little stupid hondas buzz around me like I'm standing still.  I still
have a line on a 77 Rabbit shell for $50 (with a good auto trans that might
sell??) but is a little rougher than I'd like to start with AND not the
scirocco that my wife and I both would like to fix up.  The ragtop in MT is
also rather interesting to me but a little too far away unfortuneately,
plus, those tops are HARD and EXPENSIVE to get parts for!!  On a side note,
my friend and I do stomp a few once in a while in his GTI VR6!!!

Dave