HD SIDE MOTORMOUNT???

I believe that the earlier A1 passenger mount brackets were smaller in
diameter compared to the 16v (and maybe the later 8v, but not sure).  The
diesel mount is the same diameter as the 16v mount but not the same as the
early 8v mount.  Sorry I can't be more defineate on the years and models but
I do know that my 77 Rabbit mount was smaller compared to the 16v mount that
went into it with the motor.

Dave