MK3 Scirocco: is it time?

--=======5C372812=======

At 07:43 PM 6/30/02 -0700, rept wrote:

>larry,
>Did you pull that paragraph out of your butt?   :^)
>explain the GTI?
>I don't think VW wants to compete with it's Audi line by making the VW an
>expensive (more so anyway) luxo box.
>
>But, hey, I don't know the mind set of VOG so anythings possible.
>
>Larry wrote:
>
>>reptile-
>>  Continue to dominate?  VW hasn't  been a major player in sport tuning
>>since the late '70's.
>>And it won't be in the future. Y'see, VW wants to become your luxury
>>automobile manufacturer....
>>
>>Larry

Larry is very right with this statement.  VW has been very open in press
releases, articles, etc about
moving to upscale, luxury cars.  That is why they acquired companies like
Seat and Skoda.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.