[VW news]

"DEMETRIS  RAPTIS" <raver@prodigy.net> wrote:
> --------------------------------------------- =

>	MIME Type:=A0multipart/alternative =

> --------------------------------------------- =

VW will introduce its first SUV in 2004. It's called "Tuareg".
Advice to fellow members: stay away from VW autos that carry the 2.0 gas =
and
W8 engines. I had a chat with a VW mechanic and he showed me a W8 engine =
that
went to shit after 200 miles!!! Anybody is aware about the oil consumptio=
problems of the 2.0 engines? Apparently VW messed up with the piston ring=
s.
they will be recalling the cars pretty soon. I am happy driving an 80's c=
ar
Demetri =

I talked to a VW tech at the track, and he said the W8 requires partial e=
ngine
dissassembly to change the o2 sensors, something about the routing of the=

exhaust from the two VRs. Imagine that "Drive clean" test -  "you failed
emissions, and you need an O2 sensor, and it will be $1500 to change..."

Good to hear they are recalling cars at least.