she is at it again

Sounds like something else.  A lean condition shouldn't make it run that
hot.  I would pay closer attention to the cooling system like a plugged
radiator or a bad waterpump (seen the impellers corroded right off before)
or something along those lines.  Another problem could be that the sensor
isn't reading correctly or some other electrical problems.  See if you can
get a temp gun or something to check the temperature of the engine (some
multimeters have a temp probe you can hook into them).  HTH!!  Let us all
know what you find out!!

A couple quick questions:

Type of motor 16v/8v
mods done to motor