8v -> 16v

You might have problems with the rods (don't know for sure) and you'll be
missing the piston squirters.  Can you get his block too??  If you can't
find a 16v bottom end (1.8 or 2.0) then make sure you verify the
crank/rod/piston dynamics (stroke/length, etc) before investing the money
and time into this.  Probably can be done but make sure you do your homework
and make sure it is the best way to get what you want!

Dave