I just paid WAY too much freakin' money for a book!!

--- Jason <jason@scirocco.org> wrote:
> At 07:43 PM 1/29/02 -0600, you wrote:
> >I just won this:
>
><http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1504430012>
> >It's the Scirocco (1974-81) Gold Portfolio.  It's
> basically a collection
> >of car magazine test articles.
> >And I paid $46.00.
> >
> >Someone tell me when this turns into an obsession,
> would ya?
>
> Okay -- I'll leave that to someone else -- but if I
> were you, I'd prolly
> have checked out www.speednation.com, it's the
> seller's Website.  You can
> order the book there for $16.95.
>
> ...sorry to burst your bubble.
>
> But really, the book is worth whatever you're
> willing to pay for it...
> enjoy it.
>
> Jason
>

> >Nate
> >'81 ($500)
> >'84 ($1200)
> >Book ($46)
> >
> >Oh, I also finally got one of my other eBay
> purchases the other day, it's
> >a Bentley manual, but it only covers 1980 and '81
> gas models.  It has a
> >"VW express care" sticker on it.  NOS, in really
> good condition. I've
> >never seen one like it....it came from
> Canada....anybody know anything
> >about it?
>
><http://home.inwave.com/bronson/public_html/Bentley%20Manual.jpg>

========================
Nate,

IMHO, you paid too much . . . I got the MK1 book from
New Dimensions. But, it's all relative . . .

I also have a Bentley that covers 1980-1982 models
(can't cover '84 models in a book published in 1982,
eh?)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)