Motronic HELP! - Fault Codes 92 16V Passat

How can I check the fault codes for a 92 16V Passat on
my own?  Every Motronic containing Bentley I can find
shows 3 test connectors under the shift boot for
manual transmission cars HOWEVER my '92 ONLY has the
black & white connectors.... and doesn't have the blue
one needed to connect the LED to.  Also, since its not
a California car, I don't have the "Check Engine"
light which ***would*** act as the LED.  HELP ME
PLEASE oh great Motronic wizards.
FYI- I'm trying to run this test before I purchase
fuel pumps from Potter as mine are realllly realllly
noisy and the car likes to die in traffic or when it
is allowed to idle for a few minutes. I've jumpered
the fuel pump relay already and it still did it.
Otherwise, passats RULE!
PLEASE CC me direct cause I'm on digest.  TIA

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1992 16V Passat
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco
1972 Harley Davidson Rapido(Handlebars WANTED!)
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I thought I wanted a career... turns out I just wanted paychecks."  -unknown