suspension choices?

--- jester@westfailure.net wrote:> can you do me a favor? measure the
free length of the front and rear
> springs (or if they are the same, that is good to know too..)
>
> I think its 8 inches ft & rear, but am not sure.

Mine are 7" springs, as per the P/N and the tape measure.

> Also, the bilstein HD's should be fine.  On an a1, HD's and sports
> have
> the same piston length but the sports have incresed valving.
> ...probably
> be cheaper for you to get your HD's revalved to sport specs than buy
> a new
> set.

Great info, thanks.  "Cheap" is my middle...er...*first* name.  Know
where I can get them revalved? (I''' do a search but
recommendations/referrals welcome).

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.