Speaker Sizes

At 11:15 PM 1/24/2002, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:
>Normally stock speakers front and back are supposed to be 4"x6" speakers.
>
>I have 4.5" Round JBL in the front and intend to put 6x9" (with 6x9" to 4x6"
>adapter so it fits the rear grill without having to dremel nothing.

Yep, Monsier Bureau is correct -- they're all 4x6 but I don't know of any
direct bolt-in that fits in the front doors.
I have Cerwin Vega! 4x6s in the rear factory locations, and 6.5" Panasonic
slim 2-ways in the front doors.  No metal cutting was necessary, but I did
need to cut away a little of the door panel to clear the foam on the
speaker.  They're all behind the factory grilles - i.e. stealth.

I'd also recommend putting tweeters in the dash vents a la Neal Tovsen..

Jason