Rocky's down but not out

--- Lee <prgraph@inreach.com> wrote:
> One of my concerns is straightening the bent rear axle beam. Can it
> be
> straightened or should I insist on a replacement?

Don't even mess with it, get it replaced, a decent used one is fine.
All A1's use the same beam, so your sway bar, axle stubs, and brakes
can be swapped no problems.  Get a *four* wheel alignment as part of
the process.  And check that the axles aren't bent, not always apparent
at first.  And if one is, replace the rotor too.  Have the body shop
check the attachment points to see that they're sound and not partially
ripped out.

> Any suggestions on how I can get more $ out of the insurance company?
> don't see how I can replace the car for anywhere near $2100.
>
> Thanks very much for your suggestions,

You could take the money and then buy the car cheap, if you can handle
a salvage title.  That seems like enough to easily cover proper
repairs...

G/L,

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.