OH Well... guess it was my turn...car get's busted in... pettythieves get the radio and speakers...

  Wow, talk about nerve!

  OTOH, someone once crashed into my parked 84, because of an ice storm,
back in 86. The alarm went off. He tried to pull away, but there was ice

  That gave time to a brave cook in a restaurant nearby to rush out
knife in hand, and he got the driver to write down his name, adress,
phone number, insurance company name and contract number. The cook added
the car make and model, and the license number.

  I got the repairs paid by that driver's insurance company.

  The alarm is what got the cook's attention.

  I started using alarms after the car got broken into three times in
three months for the radio, twice in the building's underground parking
garage, in 85. I never had anyone try again, what with the flashing
light and stickers.

  An alarm may not stop all break-ins, but it does make the timid
hesitate and it is relatively cheap insurance, compared to the
aggravation after a break-in.

	Jean-Claude