Fwd: [Mk1gti] Quaife Gearbox for sale

[Dear Scirocco List, this is forwarded from another list, the seller is
a guy named Dave. Enjoy, TBerk]

 Hi Everyone,

<mailto:dhartnell@home.com>

I'm not sure how much interest there will be for this item, its a semi
custom ACN gearbox that I put together for my no defunct turbo project.

  Here's the breakdown.

  Its an ACN gearbox that was stripped down and professionally rebuilt
by Otto at Euro Otto Sport in Coquitlam, BC approx. 1.5 years ago.

  I have had it installed in my 83 GTI with its aging 1.8L to break it
in and have put approx. 3000 km's of street use on it.

  Its an ACN gearbox so it will fit a mk1 and a mk2 chassis without
modification. (Note: I think he means A1 & A2 chassis. tb)

  I had the quaife installed with a bolt kit and all new seals bearings
etc.

  I swapped the 3.69 R&P for the 3.94 R&P that was in my stock 2H
gearbox.

  According to VL enterprises website that has gear ratio listings
here's the breakdown for a stock ACN

   ACN
  3.67
  3.45
  1.94
  1.37
  1.03
  0.75

  So mine is an

  ACN 3.94, 3.45, 1.94 1.37 1.03, .75 with a quaife and 100 MM output
shafts.

  I do also have fairly new 100 mm Halfshafts that were bought from
momentum motors in coquitlam with brand new German CV's on rebuilt
axles  i paid $400 cdn for the pair I was told these should hold up to
350 hp fairly easily. They have the same 3000 km's on them that the
transmission does.

  I'm open to offers I've paid approx. $1900 canadian for the
transmission so far, that included the quaife, bolt kit, rebuild and R&P
swap. It would be great for a turbo project or a 16 valve that likes to
rev.  Also don't forget that the canadian dollar is really low right now
so 1000 US is approx. 1500 Canadian. The transmission has only been used
with synthetic oil since it was rebuilt.

  If your local you can take it for a spin in my 83 gti before you buy.

  Cheers,
  Dave

<mailto:dhartnell@home.com>