major motor problem

I thought of doing that to my 1.8 8v, but when I looked at all the
costs, I picked up a ABA short block and all of the needed gaskets and
the total out lay is about $400.  I know it will take more time to do,
but it might be a way to get more displacement for the same dollars as
fixing your 1.8.

--
Kervin
80 1.7 8v Crack free dash