major motor problem

First, I think you mean  you did an oil pressure check, not a
compression check.

Assuming your values are correct, I'd guess you have a worn out oil
pump, given that the bottom end is not making noise.  25psi cold is too
low, and 5-9psi warm is low too.

Sliding in a new set of main and rod bearings is pretty easy too while
the pan is off.  The whole job - rod and main bearings, oil pump,
gasket, oil, filter - will probably cost you in the range of $250 if
you do it all yourself.  A good upgrade is the 2.0L 16V oil pump, these
are in the range of what, $135?  but worth it.

Ron