Removing glass...how to w/o wrecking seals?

I have it in my mind to tear apart the '81 again after the winter.  I had
the interior stripped out this past fall so I could work on the electrical
system, and now I'm itching to totally dissassemble the car and fix all the
body issues.  I'm lucky enough to have window seals that don't leak at all.
Not even the windshield seal.  They aren't even starting to rot, I'm
thinking that they may have been replaced in the mid 90's when the stuff was
still available.  Anyways, I really would like to pull all the glass so I
could go nutty with cleaning, rust repair, and painting the whole car with
ease.  But, I don't wanna wreck the seals removing the glass, and I want it
to seal as good as it does now.

Can I pull the glass, save the seals, and reinstall them with the final
product being as watertight as it is now?  Or should I work around the glass
during the body resto?

Ideas?

TIA,
Marc