QUAIFE! (was Fiberglass Hoods)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Allyn wrote:

> Sure there is no friction loss of the still wheel, but it just dont work
> that way when the car is going down the road/dyno. Going down the road, the
> other set of cv's/bearings gets forced into turning no matter what. Either
> by the engine via diff, or by the road via diff-other wheel-car moving
I still think it could add losses, as even going "straight" there are
differences between the speeeds of the two wheels. due to slight
variations in the tire or what have you, sidewall flex from torque or
??? so the power will go to the one with the least resistance.  I woudl
think forcing it to go to both when they are not turning the *exact* same
speed would cause extra friction in the differential and the drivetrain,
but i am decidedly not an expert. Any physics types around?

Your RC car example kinda proves what i'm saying, the tire with the least
resistance got the power... only that was an infinite difference so easier
to see. also, loaded CV's probalby have more resistance than unloaded?

peas,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org