QUAIFE! (was Fiberglass Hoods)

> with the atb feature, perhaps before all the power went to one wheel, so
> there were fewer losses as only 1 tires friction and 1 tires bearings &
> CV's materially influenced power, now you are forcing the car to use an
> extra set of CV's & wheel bearings wether it wants to or not. I would
> think that transferring the power left to right would take some friction &
> therefore power loss.

umm, that means that it is sitting on a one-wheeled dyno with one wheel
sitting still and the other one spinning at twice the speed. ouch, poor
differential.
Try this with a r/c car one time. The free wheel will spin so fast the
rubber will fly right off of it.
Sure there is no friction loss of the still wheel, but it just dont work
that way when the car is going down the road/dyno. Going down the road, the
other set of cv's/bearings gets forced into turning no matter what. Either
by the engine via diff, or by the road via diff-other wheel-car moving
forward.
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (shell donor ready to rock, still
planning, rocco #7)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch,
driveshafts, wheels :)