Tinting a Scirocco - Big PIA - Rant

I had my Scirocco tinted back in September at a
reputable tint/stereo shop and they did a half ass
job, back window really sucked. I finally got around
to bringing it back in to fix the rear window today,
and they did a better job but it's still not perfect,
probably never could be.
The problem seems to be the design of older cars that
do not have a place to hid the edges of the tint. The
tint guys attempt to do their best and shove the tint
between the rubber and glass, the problem with this is
if there happens to be any dirt/dust/carpet fiber,
whatever in that area it gets sucked up into the tint
and you get bubbles or lines along the edges that wont
go away.

I guess I'm fortunate they where able to do the back
window with one piece of tint. And standing back from
the car you can't really see the bubbles or lines, but
when you get right up to it they become a little more
obvious. The tint place said they would keep trying
until I was satisfied, but since it took them over 4
hours to get the back window done I think screw it.

To top it off, I used to tint windows for people back
in Okinawa, but I didn't want to do my Roc because of
the type of windows they are, that's why I took it to
supposed professionals.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4