Anybody with MSD experiance???

I posted about this a while ago and followed the advice of some of the
replies.  I ended up trying to get my msd box to work with the scirocco (8v)
on saturday and ended up spending 2 hours with it.  Its a 6a msd box and it
worked when I last pulled it off my Toyota truck.  The problem is that the
msd box plugs a positive and negitive wire into the coil and then the wires
that usually plug into the coil go into the msd box.  Now the scirocco has 4
wires going into the coild.  A red/black and a green going into the negative
and two blacks going into the positive.  What I had originally done was rig
the msd box so two wires could plug into each input wire and had all 4 wires
going into the two wires on the msd box.  Somebody had suggested that one of
the negative might need to be left on the coil.  Well, I tried every
possible combination I could think of...  I tried only having the two
positives and one negitive going in (tried this with both negatives) and
then I tried it with one postive and both negatives going in.  Then I tried
to keep two of the original wires hooked to the coil and the other two going
into the msd box (and did this with all possiblities).   So basically I
tried every combo I could think of...  if anybody has any success with these
please email me.

What it does on any configuration is the engine keeps trying to start and if
I do get the engine to roll over it dies instantly and giving it gas has no
effect.  Unplugging the msd box and putting the wires back into the coild
causes the car to start right away.

Also could somebody tell me what are some other good lists/newsgroups to go
to about this and other vw issues?  Thanks.