1987 VW Scirocco $250 ?

is it an automatic ?

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Greg -
DriversFound.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 6:40 PM
To: scirocco-L
Subject: RE: 1987 VW Scirocco $250 ?

I talked to him today and there should be two people (Ben and Daun
maybe?) looking at it tonight.  He had a few guys come up from
Louisville to look at it, but they wanted a 16V and didn't buy it.
They may have been from a junk yard, but I got lost in that part of
the conversation.

Ivo bought the car at a Goodwill auction (can't be a good sign!) for
the BMW wheels it had on it.  Swapped them to a friends BMW, and put
his steel wheels on the Scirocco.  I don't know how closely he's even
looked at it.  I got the impression it was in ok shape, but did have
some rust.  I wanted a straight hood, which it doesn't have.  I wanted
an extra tranny, but not an Auto.

He's a really nice guy, and car enthusiast.  He's from Europe and
always wanted a Scirocco, but really wants a Corrado.  Sounded like
this one wasn't worth his time to fix.

Greg :)
http://www.DriversFound.com
http://www.GAKMotorsports.com