[tech] swaybar question

----- Original Message -----
From: <jester@westfailure.net>
Subject: RE: [tech] swaybar question

> I would personally never get a 25 mm front bar, why make the roc
> understeer more?

This may be true in normal circumstances but...

For Stock class SoloII competition you can only change the front bar, not
the rear. I went with the biggest stiffest bar I could find on the grounds
that the less roll the car has, the more traction I can maintain through
hard turns. This has worked very well. With R-compound tires this is even
more of an advantage.

The bonus has been that on the street under less than 10/10ths driving, I
have found that the handling is not biased towards understeer as much as
when I still had the stock bar under the car. Why? Dunno. Doesn't make sense
to me either but I sure like driving it.

Cheers,

Christian Els
1987 Scirocco 16V