Fuel Transfer pump

Yeah, I read that part of the thread--that there's a recall on the fuel
pump.  Called up the dealer (same one that replaced my fuel tank) and the
1988 model didn't fall under the recall.  Doesn't matter though....somehow I
feel safer that my long time mechanic (German Auto in Inglewood) did the
job.  When I took my car to the dealership for the fuel tank recall, it took
them three tries to get it right.  I filled my tank after switched it out,
and gas came pouring out the side of the car.  The second time, it was a
trickle with massive fumes.  The third time did the trick.  Not to say all
dealerships are bad, but I'd gone to another dealership out in Riverside
(can't recall the name), and they charged me over $400 for a diagnostic
since the car wouldn't start (had it towed as I had it stored in Riverside
while I was overseas).

In any case....I wish my fuel pump was under the recall...but then I'm not
*shrug*

Steph :)