Need a scaned pic of the MKII jack points and a pic of the stockjack

Andrew Wong wrote:

> I don't have the owners manual that comes with the
> Scirocco that has the jack points.  The jack I have is
> the factory one, but it is rusted out.  I have another
> jack from the Quantum which should work, but I lifted
> my Scirocco up today for a few minutes with the rusted
> jack and I feel that it is dangerous since I believe
> something is missing.  Also do I need to remove the
> drivers wheel to check out the bushings.
>
> -andrew

I have a Mk1, I am downloading scanner drivers in the background but
it is not yet online, BUT:

- Look under the car where there is a seam, there should be a pointer
stamped into the sheet metal in the area under the door hinges.

- The stock jack would fit over (under) the seam and lifts the side of
the car, lift high enough and you will get both wheels off the ground.

- The rear jack point is back near the axle mount points, still on the
same seam but as I use a floor jack these days I don't remeber too
well.

- The stock jack came as a Y shaped device that placed what looked
like one dog leg on the ground, another 'leg under the car and the
middle portion had the screw you turned, looks awfully dangerous. I
have since replaced the carry around jack w/ one from the junk yard
that is built w/ an adjustable foot and top, and is built like a
figure Eight. much more stable. For long trips away from civilization
I bought a $20 mini floor jack from WalMart, it's not for everyday use
so it won't wear out too soon but that's what the big monster jack is
for.

As always do your heavy duty nut work with the wheels on the ground
lest things topple down and crush something important.

hth,
TBerk