Twin engine project update #2 | questions/parts needed

Mark,
    I'm measuring frame points on both the rieger and the project. Ensuring
both are symetrical, and using the mean off of both cars (actual). Also
checking this against stock numbers. As for the suspension, i have
considered the backwards setup as well. Makes it wasier to opt for the extra
steering rack back there (easier to mount, possibility of all wheel
steering). As for the exact center thing, you must realize the rear of a
scirocco relies on a u-bar/trailing arm suspension for alignment. This setup
by definition has no caster/kingpin angle (simply doesnt exist). All you get
is toe/camber, preset by the bar (if its straight, that is, heh). If i went
with the original mount points, stock upper strut bearings wouldnt fit (hole
too small), as well as resulting caster and kingpin angles sucking big time
(both pretty much 0, since the rear shocks sit almost completely vertical).
The only way to change this is to either move the wheel positions
(impossible, due to the fact that the wheel has to be in the same place
relative to the body), or move the strut mount point. In this case, the
mount point has to move towards the centerline of the car (kingpin), as well
as towards the rear (caster).
Well, enough tech babbling for now, im off.
Thanks for the drooling. :)
Allyn

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (shell donor ready to rock, still
planning, rocco #7)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch,
driveshafts, wheels :)