Twin engine project update #2 | questions/parts needed

I've been toying with idea of a twin engine Scirocco (MK1) for years, well before I knew
people were actually doing it to other cars...  The thought of an awesome hp/weight
ratio, plus all four wheels putting the power down, in our favourite VW, makes me
drool...

When I found out about Ian Birch in the UK and his twin engined Golfs a while ago, I was
so stoked, I emailed him asking for any info that would help me build a twin engined
Scirocco.  Even though I assured him I was a backyard mechanic/hack, on the other side of
the world, who would not take away any potential business from him, he never responded...
 I didn't expect he would, but it didn't hurt to try I guess!

Anways, his idea of basically mirroring the front end configuration in the rear is pretty
straightforward, and how I was imagining would be the easiest way to do it.  The one
thing I found interesting is that Ian swapped the rear (front)spindles so the steering
arm and rod were ahead of the wheel.  This was to reduce bump steer...  The use of cable
shift trannys was something I hadn't thought of at the time either (I was picturing this
crazy maze of rods and linkages!)

How are you going about the measurement process?  By the book (body point measurements)
or actual measurements?  Do the top centre points of the rear shock towers happen to be
the correct points for the conversion?  That would be sweet...  Anways, sorry about the
rambling post, good luck with your project!  I look forward to seeing it some day.

Mark.