MkII Interior Fan grounds

Hey listers--

I want to call upon your collective wisdom when it pertains to the MkII
cars.  I have a 1985 8V car that has a problem with the interior blower
motor; the fan does not blow but I can hear some sort of clicking coming
from around the fuse box when I rotate the fan switch.  The fuse is fine and
I haven't gotten to the fan itself and I have heard of some sort of ground
to check around the fuse box that might be causing it not to work?

Does anyone know which wire to look for and perhaps a color coding scheme??

Thanks for your help!  My cold toes thank you repeatedly.

Paul