Back on the list and looking for stuff & answers

--- Mark Mages <wasserbox@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My bid for 10 rarest is really good condition door
> panels.Anyone have any (manual windows) that they
> want to get rid of?

Scirocco 1  or Scirocco 2?

  If you have all black vinyl, I
> only need the drivers door...Also I am looking for
> some other items / answers.....Who makes the 2.0l 8v
> header / downpipe adaptor for Sciroccos?

Techtonics makes one.

Anywhere
> available for replacement door-window rubber?

Scirocco 1  or Scirocco 2? If Scirocco 2 it's all
available - look up Potterman.

  My
> horn only works if the wheel is straight - any way
> to repair the contacts that anyone has
> found?

Did you take it off and look at it?

Suggestions on good performance exhaust?The
> plan as it stands is to drop in a Audi 90 engine,

You won't need a special header/downpipe with the Audi
3A 2.0

> replace the exhaust, fix the sunroof, dynamat the
> roof (finally finished the rest of the interior -
> full floor, quarters and doors)... then fix the
> dents, buy the euros,

By this I assume this is a Scirocco 2

 and so on and so forth....I
> took a sabbatical from the list, due to lots of
> school and work demands, and have been wrenching
> mountain bikes in my free time instead of my car for
> the last year.  The parts are cheaper, but the rides
> tend to be a little more bloody...Oh - I also need
> reasons to justify keeping the rocco car to my
> girlfriend.  She wants me to get a Beetle Turbo-S
> and give her my Scirocco.

She want's your Scirocco? That's a good sign ;-)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)