sunroof to no sunroof swap...

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Dan S wrote:

> I have looked at this exact thing in ETKA and thought something
> similar....BUT....I don't think you can swap the roof though. I mean, sure,
> with enough heat/money/pressure you can do anything...

Thing is, VW spot welds everything, so it would seem with a drill bit one
could drill off the old roof at the junkyard, do the same on their sunroof
scirocco (with a spot weld drill that doesnt go into the backup panels)

and then just plug weld (with a mig) in the non sunroof roof. Probably if
you got a non-sunroof roof from the same color car with good paint you
wouldn't even have to repaint it.

This weekend if i have time i may take a drill bit to that junker to see
what happens...

take care,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org