theft update

No great news yet.. the Newark police are hesitant to jump into the fray just
yet after hearing my story - they want me to allow sufficient time for the
kid to respond to my demand for an explanation, the thinking being this may
be some kind of legitimate mistake.  On Monday night it will be a week since
I demanded payment, if there's no resolution by that time, I'll be all over
them to spring into action.  I have copies of all correspondence including
origin IP address from his end, the returned money orders, complete with
his signature, pictures of the goods, and should even get a copy of the
delivery receipt once UPS provides it.  Hotmail security has never bothered
to respond to me, nor has @Home.  But once I get the cops convinced to move,
I'm quite sure they'll cooperate with them.

Did anyone ever go by and do a recon visit to the delivery address?  Many
offered but I never saw a report.  The address again is (below is a
snippet from his own email):

the money orders are in the mail my shipping address is 114 palm st 2nd
floor newark nj 07103 att:JOHN LOUGHLIN

The PC at the IP address that his Hotmail messages originated from has
vanished, probably now firewalled, raising the very real possibility that
the perp is subscribed to the list.  I did figure out that the email I
got wanting to buy the intake came from VWVortex, as my profile there links
to a yahoo.com email address that otherwise goes unmentioned here.

Mr. Loughlin, or whatever your name is, if you're reading this, your time
is running out.  I'm still willing to let you walk if you contact me and
explain this off as some error, and get payment to me immediately, or
return the goods.  But by early next week your time will be up, and if
that IP address I have is indeed tied to you personally, you're toast.
Step up now while you still can and bail your own ass out of a wringer.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA