getting close

animal wrote:

> I'm getting close to solving my fuel injection problems on my 78
> scirocco and am hoping for some hints on where to look to solve my
> final problem.
<snip>
> It has been sitting since september while I have worked my way
> through this mess and have several times wanted to scrap the whole
> system and throw a carb on it, but advice from y'all and my mechanic
> who is helping have kept me from doing it.
> I'm going on faith that once it is running right I will never want a carb.
> It is a bone stock 78 with fuel injection.
> Thanks again for your help.

> Onward thru the fog

Heh!, I'm old enough to know what that comes from. In fact I owned
one. Shall we say 'Hit with Power'?

> David Conner
> terrapin@halifax.com

You are on the right track, don't think swapping for a Carb is better,
it's Retro is all. I am also thinking fuel delivery maybe at fault,
you might have enough pressure but not enough flow. Also it's
maddening but you might need to check things you wouldn't think are
faulty, like pump or coil or the wire that runs to it from the back of
the fuse box.

Thing wont run when warm? Bentley my man, Bentley.

hth,
TBerk