Fw: 051.8-2.0L, liquid cooled, mech. injection only

> --- "S. Coleman" <deadbolt@mindspring.com> wrote:
> > Actually isn't the 16v motors' FPR vacuum regulated?  I'm pretty sure
> > ?
> > Chris
>
> No, I'm pretty sure it isn't.  It's all electro-mechanical, right at
> the fuel distributor.  IIRC, the FPR in question would be for CIS, not
> CIS-E, since it has the CPR on the block.
>

> =====
> Cheapass Ron

Also new on scirocco.org:  Updates to the CIS-E->Motronic conversion
which includes <ta-da> adding the Motronic Fuel Pressure Regulator
instead of the using the CIS-E unit.  You'll note that the FPR's have
three lines, one is system pressure (to the injectors most likely),
one is the control pressure against an internally sprung biased
diaphram, and the other is the fuel return line which all the excess
fuel goes back to the tank.  It's also interesting to note that
some amount of engine vacuum seems to affect as there's a connection
for it and it goes to the front of the air box...things that make you
go hmmmm. :)

Check it out.

==Brett