HOT lead on the manifold thief!

jester@westfailure.net wrote:

> One aside, @home boxes are a prime target for IRC Zombie programs, and i
> believe these programs can do any number of things, However, i'm not sure
> if they can run lynx or any other web browser remotely... (basically with
> lynx and a terminal server installed on the zombie, one could access
> hotmail from a hacked PC in the background with the person who owns the PC
> never knowing.. even if they were on the PC at the time!)

> Just, before you packet storm the guy, make sure he isnt a dupe that was
> hacked...

Yes guys and gals, let's be very cautious here.  First of all please don't
reply to "all" and continue to cc in the Potterwoman; I meant to blind
copy her in the first place to avoid that very situation.

And there are a LOT of reasons that the IP I provided won't be him,
especially at this point with no static IP's at @home.

That said - I am encouraged that the IP definitely points to NJ, where
delivery took place - if he were going the zombie route, you'd kinda
expect the invaded PC to be in Paraguay or someplace crazy.

For now why not let me get @home on the trail and do this "correctly"?  I
do really appreciate everyone's eager desire to assist and see that this
JAMF is dealt with.  What he's done is illegal, let's not resort to
breaking the law to catch him and/or get even.. especially not
discussing it in a public forum with an audit trail!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA