Scirocco Bliss (long)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Peterson" <mpeters6@rochester.rr.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 12:10 PM
Subject: Scirocco Bliss (long)

> I love this car...

Good to hear!

-snip-

> I still can't believe that this car is 20 years old.  Sure, I've replaced
> much of its mechanical wear items, but the
engine/trans/steering/suspension
> is totally original.  I've just been replacing stuff that wore out and
> nobody bothered to fix before me.  I mean, come on, how hard is it to
> replace the radiator fan thermoswitch?!?!?!

I'm looking at the same thing with my car. I finally got her purring today
just like I knew she could. she's all tuned up and running as good as I can
make her run. As a bonus I now have car-like acceleration! but I took her on
a test drive ou tto my folks' place and back (10 miles of twisty/turney
stuff punctuated by one mile long straight stretch) and I impressed myself
with how fast I was going to give up on her (ok, it took almost 2 years, but
still). The sad thing though is that I had a Job interview to go to at 11am
this morning, and I went out to go there in the wife's Nissan and it
wouldn't fire. so I played with the 'roc for a bit and got happy with that
before I dealt with the Nissan. it's odd though, it's like they are
communicating with each other, and I guess my car won the argument last
night as to who would be the one to go on the 2 hour commute today :)

> What a great little car!
>
> Marc
> P.S.  I'll probably go out tonight and it'll have dumped all its fluids on
> the ground just to prove to me who's boss...:)

As I said up there, it seems that I only have one car that works at a time,
and it seems that the VW is the top dog 'round here!

Jerry Carter
'81 Mk1 Scirocco